Budweiser needed a solution for their 25th Anniversary tall can. ARitize brought the can to life with an augmented reality experience.
Subscriber Profile: Budweiser
Budweiser is an American-style pale lager produced by Anheuser-Busch, currently part of the transnational corporation Anheuser-Busch InBev and produced in various breweries around the world. Introduced in 1876 by Carl Conrad & Co. of St. Louis, Missouri, Budweiser has become one of the largest-selling beers in the United States. The brand is synonymous with a vision of “bringing people together in a better world” as the self-proclaimed King of Beers. Budweiser is ranked 24th on Forbes magazine list of world’s most valuable brands. The brand is valued at $27.2 billion as of July 2019. We know – you know Budweiser. The newly-minted Budweiser Stage (2017), previously Molson Canadian Amphitheatre, is a concert venue on Toronto’s harbourfront, with an approximate capacity of 16,000. It is located on the grounds of Ontario Place, and plays host to diverse acts in all genres of music from May – October. The 2019 season marks the 25th anniversary of Bud Stage.
Budweiser is a leader amongst CPG brands for tech adoption, driving data capture and utilization for better consumer interactions. They are actively experimenting with new technologies that are consistent with a data driven organization. As owner and sponsor of Bud Stage, Budweiser is looking to the 25th anniversary season to give back to its patrons – a memorable experience surrounding its new limited edition tall cans designed with band icons representing 25 acts from 25 years of entertainment on the Bud Stage.
Boost attendance and beer sales at Budweiser Stage by hosting Budweiser installations on the grounds, engaging younger audiences with an interactive experience celebrating the 25th anniversary of the venue. Incentivize concert goers to attend multiple shows this season, engage with the Budweiser brand, and increase beer sales at the Bud Stage. Above: Prototype graphic designs for the Bud Stage 25th anniversary can.
- Create a shareable augmented reality experience celebrating The Budweiser Stage 25th
anniversary, creating further incentive for attendees to purchase the limited edition tall cans.
- Elements involved: QR Code Scanning, King Can Object Recognition, Animated
Illustrations, SFX, Social Media Contest.
- NexTech AR Solutions created four animated experiences based on four icons from the tall can, complete with sound effects and shareability on social media.
- Hundreds of participants downloaded the ARitize app and engaged in the #BudAR experience with purchases of the limited edition Budweiser 25oz tall cans.
- To incentivize further interaction with the AR experience, NexTech announced a social media contest, giving away Bud Stage season passes to participants sharing their AR experience on social media with #BudAR and a guess at which band the icons represent. Watch the campaign video here.
- Social media and in-app engagement surged with impressions and media views from over
50,000 music fans from Southern Ontario between the ages of 19 – 65 years old.
As Summer rolls on, NexTech continues to promote AR experiences and giveaway contests
for Bud Stage in effort to secure its position as a leading expert in augmented reality.